Wendell Eye Care’s Protocol to Address COVID-19
We are committed to doing our part to help keep our community healthy by reducing the chances of the spread of the COVID-19 virus. If you or someone in your home is feeling ill or has a fever, please call our office to reschedule your appointment for another time. Please be patient with us during this time as we are trying our best to get everyone into the office in a timely manner. The following protocols have been put in place for the safety of our staff and patients:
- New patients: please try to fill out all necessary paperwork on our website under the patient resources tab – new patient registration form.
- Each patient must wear a mask while in the office. We are aware of new CDC guidelines and are monitoring them closely as we continue to work to provide a safe environment for our staff and our patients.
- Please call our office to schedule an appointment for glasses adjustments and dispenses.
We have always strived to keep our office clean and are ramping up efforts even more during this pandemic. The following protocol has been put in place:
- Our office is being thoroughly cleaned multiple times throughout the day.
- All employees will wear a mask while at work.
- Each exam room is cleaned before and after each patient.
- All surface areas such as door handles, counter tops, pens, equipment, etc are being wiped with hydrochloric acid multiple times throughout the day.
- Eyeglasses are sanitized after each encounter prior to being placed back up on the board.
- A thorough deep cleaning is performed at the end of each day.
- All employees practice thorough hand hygiene techniques before and after each patient encounter.