Wendell Eye Care’s Protocol to Address COVID-19
We are committed to doing our part to help keep our community healthy by reducing the chances of the spread of the COVID-19 virus. If you or someone in your home is feeling ill or has a fever, please call our office to reschedule your appointment for another time.
The following protocol will be implemented on Monday 3/16/2020:
- All patients should call the office to check in for their appointment and wait in the car until a staff member comes to get you for your appointment.
- All patients picking up contact lenses or glasses should wait in their vehicle and call the office and a staff member will bring your contact lenses and/or glasses out to you to reduce the number of people in our office at one time.
- All non-essential visitors will be asked to wait outside of the office. We are asking that our scheduled patients not bring in non-scheduled family members or friends with them to their appointments unless the scheduled patient is a child, in which a parent may be present with the child for the appointment.
We have always strived to keep our office clean and are ramping up efforts even more during this pandemic.
The following protocol has been put in place:
- Our office is being thoroughly cleaned multiple times throughout the day.
- Each exam room is cleaned after each patient.
- All surface areas such as door handles, counter tops, pens, equipment, etc are being wiped with hydrochloric acid multiple times throughout the day.
- Eyeglasses are sanitized after each encounter prior to being placed back up on the board.
- We are also doing a thorough deep cleaning at the end of each day.
- All employees practice thorough hand hygiene techniques before and after each patient encounter.